EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT
JOB PURPOSE: The incumbent will be responsible for maintenance and repair of low and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Grade 12 or N2
- Technical Trade in Electrical Engineering
- Must have at least 2-3 years working experience in the mining industry post trade
- Technical background
- Experience on Mining equipment with sound electrical maintenance skills and knowledge
- Valid code 10 driver’s license
- Problem Solving and Root cause analysis skills
- Competent in High Tension Reticulation, Switching and Protection
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct planned maintenance work in line with the schedule
- Complete a breakdown work order
- Conduct risk assessment periodically as per safety standards
- Providing correct feedback/report on planned maintenance work
- Assessing breakdowns and applying appropriate fault-finding techniques to pinpoint root causes quickly and efficiently and contribute to preventative action
- All defective equipment identified and reported timeously
- Maintaining and/or repairing low level and high voltage electrical equipment.
- Assembling machinery of electrical units and ensuring the proper
- Detecting defects and malfunctions in the operation of machines and repairing them
- Refurbishing machinery and replacing parts to optimize output
- Troubleshoot system problems and repair
- Perform inspection & duties on workshop floor on site and processing plant
- Rectify all electrical breakdowns
- Ensure legal compliance on all machines
- Perform overtime, standby duties and shift work
- Complying with all safety measures outlined by the company for all work processes
- Maintaining a record of all the maintenance work that has been conducted on the machinery
CLOSING DATE: 02 FEBRUARY 2021
Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. The company reserves the right to appoint according to our Employment Equity Plan. Preference will be given to applicants from labour sending areas.
UMK never ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job.